Friday, March 11, 2011

Lucifer's Odyssey - Chapter 1 (Revised)

I woke up at 2 a.m. with an idea in my head for the bar scene. I tossed around in bed for an hour or so, and my brain just kept going and going about Chapter 1 and some of the comments that you guys had given me.

There's some preamble that I should mention here. Chapter 1 used to be large enough to choke a horse. One day, I decided it was all terrible, and so I erased the entire chapter and started over. Twenty some odd pages was more manageable, but there were a lot of ideas that went away with the revision.

That being said, the explanations for what the demons were doing on Earth, how they got there, what they did when they got there, etc. were lost on the chopping block. I felt it was time to address them once again. The result is that Chapter 1 is up to thirty pages - nowhere near as full as it used to be but still hefty and hopefully better.

For those that gave comments or just want an introduction to Lucifer's Odyssey, please feel free to check out the newly revised Chapter 1 below. Comments are always welcome - even if it's just to say that I've managed to ruin your faith in authors or something :D.

Lucifer's Odyssey - Chapter 1

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment