Saturday, July 23, 2011

Excellent fantasy/sci fi blogs

There are dozens of blogs out there for reviewing sci-fi and fantasy books, and I've trended towards a few favorites that I plan on revisiting frequently. In no particular order, here are some of the blogs I visit:


Frida Fantastic(Link)

Frida Fantastic has been a review site that I've frequented since I first found it months ago. She uses a five-star scale, and can be pretty brutally honest, which you'll find is a trend I appreciate. She doesn't just do book reviews and sometimes offers great advice on finding the right books.


Review Haven: Fantasy and Sci-Fi (Link)

Review Haven is a pretty recent find for me. One of the first things I noticed about the blog is that it provides a rating system of 1-10, and it doesn't trend towards only giving 7+, which seems to be a bit of a problem when looking for indie reviews, especially. Adam pulls no punches and I appreciate that.


Android Dreamer (Link)

Android Dreamer is a somewhat eclectic collection of sci-fi and fantasy and a great place to look for decent cyberpunk, which is one of Matt's favorite genres. He reviews books on a report card scale and offers pretty in-depth commentary. He's a recent find and from correspondence, he seems like a great guy.


The Scattering (Link)

This was one of those unfortunate stories of a gifted blogger getting in over her head. Grad school and review commitments ended up stagnating the blog for a long time, but she's getting back on track with discussions of recent big name fantasy authors and generous helpings of indies. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.


What about you guys? Have you found a great sci-fi or fantasy blog that you'd like to share? If so, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment